DIY All Natural Scar Treatment
Oh how I love facial oils…
This DIY All-Natural recipe is made with oils rich in antioxidants and is perfect for fading scars, age spots, and sun spots. It takes less than 2 minutes to make and only seconds to apply.
I have been using this to heal the scars left behind by my long battle with cystic acne and dark spots due to sun exposure.
There are countless all-natural remedies for fading scars and I have tried lots of them. Most of them require you to mix up a paste and let it sit on the spots for 20 minutes or so. While these can eventually work, it seemed impossible to stay consistent with them.
With the amount of scars that I had, the other methods were not something I could easily fit into my daily routine. Once I got past the fear of using facial oils and implemented them in my simple skincare routine, I saw drastic improvements in my acne. I noticed that my scars were starting to fade.
I realized I could speed up this healing process by combining a couple of oils that are powerhouses for healing and regenerating skin cells. This combination has almost completely faded all of the scarring on my face.
I have begun to use this treatment on my stretch marks and other scars left behind by my adventurous childhood.
My favorite oils for healing…
- Tamanu oil is packed with antioxidants and works to regenerate skin cells. It is antibacterial, antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory making it perfect for acne.
- Rosehip Oil is packed with antioxidants and essential fatty acids which helps to increase cell turnover and repair damaged skin. It reduces inflammation and its antimicrobial properties help to fight off bacteria.
- Lavender oil helps to soothe and nourish skin. It works to regenerate skin cells and reduces scarring and sun spots.
- Frankincense oil has potent astringent properties which helps to minimize pores and evens skin tone. It is also antibacterial and anti-inflammatory.
- Helichrysum oil is known as the healing oil, and is my go to oil for healing cuts, bruises, and even varicose veins.
Notes on these oils…
Tamanu oil and rosehip oil are both carrier oils. I personally prefer to blend the two because both of them have remarkable benefits for regenerating skin cells. I use both of these in several of my DIY skincare recipes and remedies. If you only have one of these that you keep on hand, this recipe will still be very effective. If you are looking to save a little and only purchase one for this recipe, I would go with the tamanu oil.
The frankincense, lavender, and helichrysum oils are all therapeutic essential oils. Again, I keep these three on hand to use in multiple other recipes and remedies. If you are new to essential oils and are on a budget, frankincense and lavender are really affordable and are very versatile. Helichrysum oil is the most expensive oil I purchase, but it is for sure the secret weapon in this recipe. It’s healing properties are amazingly powerful!!
My favorite blend…
Add the following essential oils to a 10 ml dark glass roller bottle.
- 10 drops helichrysum oil
- 6 drops frankincense oil
- 4 drops lavender oil
Fill with equal parts tamanu and rosehip oil. Apply to scars up to three times a day.
This gives you a 10% dilution which is much more potent than the recommended 3% for maintenance recipes.
I personally use this scar treatment twice a day after washing with this diy all-natural facial cleanser and using this toner. I roll over all areas of concern and then use my fingertips to gently massage into the scar. I then use my diy facial oil blend as my moisturizer.
This post contains affiliate links.